Thursday, July 24, 2008

Mid year resolution

Remember when looking good was easy. When maintaining weight wasn't a problem because we were so active in sports... then we hit college and started to pack it on a bit, but then we lost it again... then engagement came and we HAD to lose the weight to look good for our wedding... then the first year of marriage came and the pounds slowly crept on... then pregnancy came... OK FORGET ABOUT IT.

John and I have said for the past two years, "We need to lose weight..." Well, I was looking back at some pictures from high school and college and got very depressed. I can't believe I let myself go this bad...

So, we are doing something about it... we joined the local YMCA and have been working out!! This is only week two... so we will keep you posted. I am putting my goal out there so all can help me achieve... I want to lose 50 pounds!!!! I have lost 6 already!

Anyone else want to join the mid-year resolutions???

2 comments:

Sara said...

Good Luck...we have been going to the gym too...I love going cause it gives me a little time to be with myself and the kids get a break from me, and as crazy as it is I love the feeling of being hot and sweaty after working out...like I actually accomplished something. I felt this way after I had griff and saw pictures of myself when i was pregnant and I was oblivious to how wide I got...I gained over 70 lbs with him cause i didn't care and just ate anything...so I was just about prepregnancy weight when we found out McKenna, but after her it was alot easier...now I am at least back to pre-marriage weight...

Mandy said...

Good for you! Even though I think you look great on your blog, I feel your pain. And nursing school is NO HELP! It's worse than being pregnant. I should join you cause I could definitely stand to lose 50 lbs! Good luck and hang in there.