Saturday, August 30, 2008

Update on Life

This summer has been a true roller coaster. Times with Presley are amazing. She has grown and learned so much. She started talking more and moving around. She has the best personality. I have tried to do as many activities as we can (see older blogs). Despite the fun with her, there has been a HUGE dip in our life. For those of you who don't know... John and I are separated and are in the process of divorce. We both knew this was coming sometime or another. We have tried to work on things, and no luck. So instead of hating each other, we decided to go our separate ways. Things will be hard with Presley at first, but she isn't the first child in the world to go through this.

Presley and I are now living with my parents in White Bear Lake, MN. About 1 mile from my brother and his family... so you can imagine the family support she and I are getting. John has chosen to stay in Hugo with the townhouse.

Emotionally, I am doing okay. I have sort of braced myself for this for quite some time. Plus I have an amazing support system... family and friends. I look back 10 years ago and think... I was just starting my senior year of high school (on crutches)... and I would have NEVER thought I would be married, one kid, and DIVORCED in 10 years. I don't think that is in anyone's 10 year plan. But it is here and it's something I have to face and move on with.

I appreciate everyone's thoughts, prayers and encouraging words. I will continue to post pictures of Presley and myself on here... and keep everyone updated on life.

3 comments:

Team Gourley said...

We're sorry you're going through some hard times right now. It sounds like you have a great support team that helps out when you need it most- right now. We'll be thinking of you and Presley.

Mark and Kristi said...

I am sorry you are going through this tough situation. I know your family is a great support for you, they always have been. Well, if you ever want to get away, you can come visit Dallas, TX!! We are only here for a few more months though... I think I move back at Thanksgiving and Mark will be there about 2 weeks later. YEAH!!

Sara said...

Been thinking about you and hope adjustments are coming a little more easy as the time goes on...you are so blessed to have family so close...