Sunday, June 22, 2008

Busy weekend

We had yet another busy weekend. Don't you love those weekends where nothing is planned, but yet it fills up with fun stuff!!! John was in Chicago this past week for his second stage of training for UPS sales. He had a great time and is doing well with his new position. Presley and I had a week of just the two of us. Although we spent every night with my family!! :) Gotta love being so close to them.

Friday night, we all (my parents and brothers family) went to a local parade. We had a great time. Presley enjoyed the Popsicles and the Dum Dum suckers. She HATED the fire trucks and ambulance!!! I didn't get any good pictures, we were too busy getting the goods.
Saturday morning Presley, I and Grandma Pat went to a HUGE garage sale and found some great deals. "New" toys and clothes... Saturday afternoon, Presley went swimming. She had so much fun in her "baf."

I LOVE the little footprints.
Sunday, we decided to go to the MN Zoo. All and all, Presley had fun. John and I were a little disappointed, but we still had a good time.
The first thing we did was watch a dolphin show. Presley was glued to those things the whole 10 minutes!!! She would scream and clap!!!

This is a Prairie Dog... she thought they were funny.
The newest exhibit there was the Grizzly Bears. Who knows what next weekend will bring?! If it's another sunny, warm weekend, we will be outdoors I am sure!

2 comments:

Sara said...

I so wish that is was wonderful outdoor weather here...but such is life in AZ...I love Presley waving, too cute!

Mark and Kristi said...

Okay.. so I was just able to catch up on some of your posts... Disappointed at the zoo??? That's cause you miss Wildlife World Zoo ha ha! I am glad Presley had fun! Sounds like John is doing well with UPS... that is great! I am sure it is so much fun living close to family so you can just spend time with them and not feel alone... I wonder what that is like ha ha
So, I read your venting post and not sure if I can help at all, but there is this book out there called "on becoming babywise" I read this book while I was pregnant and followed the instructions pretty dang close and the babies were sleeping 7 hrs by 3 months and now they are sleeping between 10-12 hours. This book has been a life saver to me. So, maybe that would help... just a thought.
What is life like tackling all the roles you are taking on? I could not imagine doing all that, you are crazy! I barely got out of the house with the twins on my own for the first time last week.
Well, I hope all is well with the fam!